The Rainbow Nation is a Community Interest Company (CIC), dedicated to creating a healthier and better connected LGBT+ community.
Through various fundraising & community events, generous donations & our new clothing line, we raise money that directly assists various charities, organisations, causes & people within the LGBT+ community.
We offer scholarships to people who cannot afford to join any of our affiliated community groups or their events.
Rainbow Nation Designs is a clothing line made by the LGBT+ community for the LGBT+ community.
We’ve drawn our inspiration from queer history & culture. All of our items are unisex,
& the net profits of every item sold goes directly into the foundation & back into the community.
Issues we are committed to tackle include:
● Mental health awareness, support & stigma
● LGBT+ stigma, and young people’s education
● STI prevention measures
● HIV stigma
● Coming out
● Chemsex and substance abuse
● Support for the LGBT+ elderly
● Trans discrimination
● Equality within the LGBT+ community
Our partnered charities & organisations can approach the Foundation directly for funding towards specific projects, programmes and events.
We will also develop our own ideas to work with our partnered organisations, such as:
● Dance and performing arts classes for the LGBT+ elderly, helping them keep active in a fun, sociable way and create a sense of community, combating loneliness.
● Dance and performing arts classes in schools for children, giving them ‘normalised’ exposure to LGBT+ people.
● ‘Life Lessons’. Regular open events where people can learn life skills that they may not have previously learnt or want more information on, eg. saving money & budgeting, health/fitness and wellbeing, drug use harm reduction or employment skills.
● Self defence classes.
● Bring & Buy jumble sales. Get rid of all your old and wanted stuff, we’ll sell it on or recycle it.
The GMDC Foundation, with its partner organisations want to increase support for the LGBT+ community in London, helping all to live better lives.